Last Updated: 01/01/2022
Personal Information We Collect
- Contact information (name, phone, email, fax, postal address)
- Account information (username, password, security questions and answers)
- Demographic information (date of birth, age, gender)
- Employment information (company, job title)
- Commercial information (purchase and service history)
- Financial information (payment information, credit card information)
- Location data (derived from IP address, GPS coordinates of the mobile devices, physical address)
- Contact information of the other people you want us to contact
- Internet and network activity information (pages visited, browsing activity, usage patterns, operating system and browser type and version)
- Information obtained using cookies, scripts and other technologies
If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to offer certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain applications or features.
How we obtain information
Information we obtain from you broadly falls into these categories:
- Information you provide voluntarily by filling out forms, surveys, posting information on our websites, comments on blog posts, threads and forums, using interactive features, requesting services from us or receiving support.
- Information we receive from third parties in connection with your use of our web sites, attendance of our events, or third-party reporting analytics.
- Information we collect automatically as you navigate our web sites or when you connect to our wireless and wired networks.
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies such as web beacons and other ways aimed at enhancing user experience and tailoring your experience and distinguishing you from other users of our services.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information about products and services upon your request
- To provide you with information we deem relevant to products and services we provide to you
- To maintain and improve our web sites, applications, products and services
- To register and invite you to events and webinars sponsored or co-sponsored by us
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights from any contracts entered between you and us, implicitly or explicitly
- To notify you about changes to our policies and to obtain your consent
- For industry analytics, benchmarking, and marketing trend analysis
- To track your browsing behavior for analytics, navigation and information placement improvements on our websites
- To provide customer support for the services you receive from us
- To contact you to discuss your interests in other products and services we can provide
- To perform training and troubleshoot issues related to your use of our products and services
- To verify your identity and prevent fraudulent use and other unlawful activities
- To maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products and services
- To train our employees and create information resources, knowledge base articles and solutions
In order to use your information for the above mentioned purposes, we may combine your Personal Information with other information, anonymize or aggregate your information.
We may also decide to use your Personal Information for additional purposes identified later, for which we will obtain your consent to the extent required by applicable laws.
How we share your information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose Personal Information about you except in the following cases:
- Your information can be shared within the Qualer organization for the purposes described in this policy.
- We may share Personal Information with service providers, vendors and consultants that perform services for us or on our behalf, such as payment processors, customer support, and data analytics. This includes, but is not limited to, Qualer use of external services, such as FreshDesk, HubSpot, SalesForce. Information that is stored in these third-party systems is covered by their respective privacy policies.
- We may share Personal Information with joint marketing partners and other business partners as described in this policy. For example, we may share the list of event attendees with the event coordinator for the purpose of badge printing.
- We may disclose Personal Information to other parties when we have your consent to do so or upon a direct request from you or your representatives. This includes integration efforts of your Qualer accounts with external systems, such as SharePoint, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, AWS, etc.
- We will disclose Personal Information when we are required to do so by applicable law or via a legal process, such as a subpoena or court order. This includes complying with legitimate legal requests from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraud or any other illegal activities.
- Personal Information can be disclosed to regulatory bodies, potential and actual clients in the event of audit, certification, system validation.
- We may disclose Personal Information when we believe it will prevent financial loss or serious harm, to establish or defend our legal rights, protect property and safety and the rights, property and safety or others.
- Personal Information can be shared with other organizations in the event of a potential or actual sale, merger, sales of shares, sales of assets, investments, acquisition, join venture, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, subdivision.
- Personal Information can be shared with other users through the collaborative functionality on the Qualer platform in the course of providing or requesting services with the other Qualer users.
- We may disclose Personal Information for any other reasons with your consent.
- We may also share or disclose aggregated or statistical information, which cannot be used to identify you or your organization.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will normally collect personal information from you where the processing of your personal information is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
International Transfer of Data
Qualer may be collecting personal information in any country where we have facilities, consumers of Qualer services, or where Qualer events are held. Information can subsequently be stored on geographically distributed servers in the USA or in some cases on the servers and computers located in the countries where business is conducted, or events are held. If you are a visitor from European Economic Area (EEA), we will protect your information by processing it on the territory that provides adequate level of protection of personal information and by implementing appropriate safeguards aimed at protection from accidental alteration or loss, unlawful destruction, unauthorized access and disclosure.
We will process and retain your personal information for as long as you are an active user of our products or services. We will also retain transactional and historical information related to actions you performed while being our customer or being employed by a company that consumed our products or services. We may also retain your information to comply with applicable legal, accounting or tax requirements. When we have no ongoing business need to access or process your Personal Information, we may either delete or anonymize it. If deletion is not possible, (for example, because information is located in the backup archives) we will isolate it from further processing until the backups are deleted in accordance with our backup retention policies.
Your Privacy Rights
Qualer respects your rights as they apply to our treatment of your Personal Information. If you wish to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information beyond the ways that are afforded to you within application profile management screens, you may contact us by one of the means described below.
If you do not wish to receive our email communications, you may unsubscribe by following the Unsubscribe link or opt-out from periodic notifications in the notification management screen accessible in your profile.
You can also contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
You have the right to complain if you are unhappy about our information collection and usage methods to appropriate data protection authorities listed below:
We encourage you to first reach out to us and allow us to address whatever grievances you may have.
If you are a California consumer as defined in California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have the following rights under California law, subject to certain exceptions:
- You have the right to be notified of what categories of Personal Information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.
- You have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
- You have the right to request to have your Personal Information deleted from our servers and we will direct our service providers to do the same. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law; (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
If you are a resident of European Union (EU), you have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- Access to your Personal Information
- You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Information. This access information includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Information undergoing processing. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- You may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Information concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such Personal Information.
- Restriction of processing
- You may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information. In such cases, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Data portability
- You may have the right to receive the Personal Information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Information. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Information will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. However, such a right to object may not exist if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary to take steps prior to entering a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your rights at any time by contacting Qualer at email@example.com, by calling the support phone number (858) 223-1560 or by writing to our mailing address at 10360 Sorrento Valley Rd., San Diego, CA 92121.
- Qualer does not knowingly collect and process personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If we learned about such information in our possession, we would delete this information.
- Public Forums and Blog Comments
- Qualer is not responsible for the information you leave in public forums, public reviews or in response to our blog postings on social media. We will make every attempt to erase the personal information you have shared accidentally upon your request.
- Third-party web sites
- Business partners
- Website Cookies
- This website uses “cookies”. A cookie (called an Internet or Web cookie) is the term used to describe a type of message that is given to a web browser by a web server. Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you, keep track of your preferences, collect analytics, customize your web experience or save site login information for you. Refusing cookies will severely limit usability and functionality of Qualer websites and applications. We may also use this information in order to improve and customize your browsing experience and for analytics and metrics about our visitors both on this website and other media.
- Do Not Track (DNT)
- Qualer websites and applications will attempt to honor the DNT instructions from the visitor’s browser. We cannot guarantee to always respond to these requests due to lack of an industry standard about DNT.